Now Reading: The Next Black: a film about the future of clothing
Written 4 years ago by
‘The Next Black’ is a documentary film that explores the future of clothing. Watch as we meet with some of the most innovative companies on the planet to get their opinion on clothing and its future, including: heroes of sustainability, Patagonia; tech-clothing giants, StudioXO; sportswear icon, Adidas; and BioCouture, a company that uses cellulose-producing microbes to literally grow clothing.
The clothing industry accounts for a significant part of the world’s pollution, but are there innovative ways to make it more sustainable? Is the concept of clothing on the verge of a dramatic shift New documentary ‘The Next Black’ which launches globally on May 21st investigates whether new technology and innovative fabrics will transform how clothes are produced and the way people wear them.
Is the fashion industry about to experience the same digitalization as the music industry once did? Or will we return to creating fewer quality garments and caring for what we wear? Will cotton and leather be a memory when we learn how to grow biodegradable clothes using green tea on a large scale?
‘The Next Black’ is a film comprising a set of stories about the next innovations within clothing. Starring pioneers such as Patagonia, adidas, BioCouture and Studio XO, the film answers some of the industry’s burning questions around topics such as fast fashion and wearable technology.
Included in the film:
– Studio XO; one of the pioneers of merging technology and fashion specialized in creating interactive stage costumes for performers such as Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas
– BioCouture, a consultancy that uses cellulose-producing microbes to literally grow clothing
– Patagonia heroes of sustainability
– adidas sportswear icon and wearable tech provider
– Yeh Group; a company that has developed a new way to dye clothes using zero water
More information at www.aeg.co.uk/thenextblack