The studio worked very closely with Atlantic Leather, a tannery in the north of Iceland run by the native Icelanders, working with the raw skins to make new materials… basically designing new leathers. I spent a lot of time up there playing with’ better these skins, and designing their treatments and finishes. So that is where all the leathers in this collection come from — horse, hunted wild reindeer, birds, fish and lamb.
” Similarly we are using Icelandic wool and working with a local knit producer here to make our own knit constructions. All this means that about 98% of the collection is made from Icelandic materials, and material that we have in some way developed in our studio. The other 2% is the jersey we have to import because it isn’t made here. We have spent the last year taming these wild and fantastic natural Icelandic materials for an international market. ”
More information at www.srulirecht.com
Directly from Iceland, Sruli Recht just introduced his incredible new menswear collection ‘When Gravity Fails‘. The collection consists of a total look – from coats, jackets and cardigans, to trousers, shorts and leggings, complimented by shoes, boots, bags, gloves and silver jewelery – 55 styles, approximately 130 with material variations.
May 18 13 @ 12:00 PMICFF 2013
May 18 13 @ 5:06 PMIHEARTCOMIX Presents: OFF/CNTR
May 18 13 @ 5:10 PMThe Killers at Barclays Center
May 19 13 @ 5:16 PMIron & Wine at The Capitol Theatre
May 20 13 @ 5:32 PMTom Petty & the Heartbreakers
May 21 13 @ 5:23 PMMoMA's Annual Party in the Garden
May 22 13 @ 5:37 PMof Montreal at Music Hall of Williamsburg
May 23 13 @ 5:27 PMØDD Spring Sale
May 24 13 @ 5:40 PMYacht at Shea Stadium
May 25 13 @ 5:50 PMJames Murphy and Special Guests at Grand Prospect Hall