Sprouted Kitchen, please stop constantly tempting us with your delicious recipes filled with health and goodness. How do you continuously invent new dishes that are equally tasty and beneficial? We are skeptical, but will still thoroughly enjoy this vibrant Kale Salad with Tomatoes, Olives +Feta. The Sprouted Kitchen really understands how to make people happy with their inspired take on whole foods, actually making them taste good.
SHREDDED KALE SALAD WITH TOMATOES, OLIVES + FETA // Serves 2 to 4
Inspired by Deborah Madison’s Vegetable Literacy
I feel like this salad is a great canvas for little changes to fit your fancy. It would be nice with a fresh torn crouton, maybe a grilled protein of choice to make it a more filling meal, or I’ve added some cooked black lentils. If you find yourself with salad responsibilities for a summer dinner party, this would hold up well, even dressed in advance, and could sit for awhile without getting wilty.
- 8-10 large Tuscan/Lacinato/Red Kale Leaves
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh dill and/or mint
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2-3 ounces sheeps milk feta
- few handfuls of sun gold or other baby tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped olives, kalamata or other favorite
- 1/4 of a red onion, minced
More recipes from Sprouted Kitchen