Food52 is a Trendland favorite. Full of creative recipes and a newly launched provisions shop, it is a cooks haven for supplies and inspiration. We came across this recipe for Strawberry Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream, and it was a no brainer, we had to feature/make it immediately! This ice cream is not only delicious but vegan too. Take that, everyone who says vegan food can’t be good. Gena Hamshaw of Choosing Raw just proved you wrong. How amazing does a creamy coconut ice cream infused with strawberries sound on a hot August day? We thought so too, that is why we guarantee the approval of any ice cream connoisseur. We have provided you with a list of ingredients, now see how to make this sweet treat and become addicted to Food52.
- 1 1/2cup fresh strawberries
- 3cups (or 2 cans) full fat coconut milk, with 1/2 cup set aside
- 2tablespoons arrowroot powder (substitute cornstarch or tapioca starch)
- 1vanilla bean, split down the center, seeds scraped out (substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons good quality vanilla extract)
- 1/2cup evaporated cane juice
- Pinchsea salt