· EXHIBITION ·‘David Bowie Is’ Retrospective at Victoria & Albert Museum
BY Tal Drori / Mar 28 13 @ 4:52 PM
David’s Bowie’s all-pervasive comeback has reached a crescendo with his first ever international retrospective now showing at London’s V&A Museum.
· EXHIBITION ,SCULPTURE ·Nick Cave’s Performance Installation for Grand Central Terminal
BY Harmony Difo / Mar 26 13 @ 8:27 AM
At 11am yesterday morning in one of New York City’s most beautiful public spaces, commuters, members of the press, and spectators from all around the world waited in anticipation for a mysterious group of sculptures to come to life. Nick Cave’s most recent installation, an assortment of
· EXHIBITION ,SCULPTURE ·Jason Freeny’s “Choice Cuts”
BY Marta Baniukiewcz / Mar 20 13 @ 9:48 AM
Jason Freeny’s “Choice Cuts”, currently on view at Los Angeles’ 101/exhibit, is a series of sculptures showing the inside organs of toys, literally embodying the human form within them.
· ART ,EXHIBITION ·Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld & Christine Messineo Curate “Mercy Merci”
BY Amanda Jakubik / Feb 18 13 @ 10:36 AM
Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld and Bortolami’s Christine Messineo recently teamed up to curate an exhibition at 980 Madison, Mercy Merci, and sat down with Whitewall to talk inspiration and influences in the curation process.
· ART ,EXHIBITION ,PAINTING ·Jean Michel Basquiat Opening at Gagosian Gallery
BY Harmony Difo / Feb 15 13 @ 2:58 PM
Written by Guest Blogger Harmony Difo Fear not! For behold, I bring you tidings of great joy! On February 7th, 2013, the largest demonstration of Jean-Michel Basquiat’s work in 8 years was presented at Gagosian Gallery’s 24th Street location.
· ART ,EXHIBITION ·Crucifixion Group Show at Corey Helford Gallery
BY Amanda Jakubik / Dec 19 12 @ 11:36 AM
left, LOLA – “My Favorite Brush” acrylic and graphite on panel Just in time for Christmas, Corey Helford Gallery is hosting group exhibition entitled, Crucifixion, featuring works from contemporary artists Ron English,